[GRASS-user] problem with v.overlay.not in grass 6.4

Schweizer Martin Martin.Schweizer at bd.so.ch
Thu Feb 16 09:53:42 EST 2012

Hi

I have the following problem: I have in grass 6.4.1 two polygon-vector layers (div_14 and nutzungsz).The result should be the area oft the layer div_14 not covered by the areas of the layer nutzungsz. So what i did was:

v.overlay -t ainput=div_14 atype=area alayer=1 binput=nutzungsz btype=area blayer=1 output=div_15 operator=not -overwrite

Now in the layer I get (div_15), i miss a large area which is NOT covered by the layer nutzungsz. So there is something wrong.

You can get the data i used ether as grass location (http:// http://asmaron.homelinux.net/grass/problem.zip) or as shapes (http://asmaron.homelinux.net/grass/shp.zip )

Is this a bug in the grass modul (v.overlay) or is it a bug in the data?

My System:
GRASS 6.4.1 (2011)
Linux 2.6.32-37-server (ubuntu)

Thanks a lot