[GRASS-user] Not being able to produce decent-look color-composites

Hamish hamish_b at yahoo.com
Thu Feb 16 20:00:48 EST 2012

Glynn:
> If you have all of the maps in advance, you can create some kind of
> mixture, generate a colour table for that, then apply it to the
> individual maps.

I wrote "r.stack" exactly for that purpose:
  http://grass.osgeo.org/wiki/GRASS_AddOns#r.stack

e.g. (raster3d exported to Paraview and animated):
  http://bambi.otago.ac.nz/hamish/grass/dev/nviz/GoM_temperature_yr43_July16-30.gif

> But that won't work if you're producing maps on a regular basis and
> you need tomorrow's map to be consistent with today's.

true.  I suppose you can always reprocess all of <= yesterday's output
products if the range exceeds the original range+buffer you gave it.. :-/

Hamish