[GRASS-user] Parallel Grass job

Stephen Sefick sas0025 at auburn.edu
Mon Feb 20 08:25:53 EST 2012

 From a quick look-  I would say you need to install the mpi libraries
and build grass with them.  But I may be way off.

Stephen

On Mon 20 Feb 2012 05:26:16 AM CST, Ripsime Khachatryan wrote:
> I'm new toGRASS.I want toparallelizea program (Grassscript), butkeep
> gettingthe following error.
>
> copmpi.c:7:17: error: mpi.h: No such file or directory
>
> copmpi.c: In function ‘main’:
> copmpi.c:177: error: redeclaration of ‘row’ with no linkage
> copmpi.c:45: error: previous declaration of ‘row’ was here
> copmpi.c:187: error: ‘MPI_Status’ undeclared (first use in this function)
> copmpi.c:187: error: (Each undeclared identifier is reported only once
> copmpi.c:187: error: for each function it appears in.)
> copmpi.c:187: error: expected ‘;’ before ‘status’
> copmpi.c:189: error: ‘MPI_COMM_WORLD’ undeclared (first use in this
> function)
> copmpi.c:196: error: ‘MPI_INT’ undeclared (first use in this function)
> copmpi.c:211: warning: assignment makes integer from pointer without a
> cast
> copmpi.c:212: warning: assignment makes integer from pointer without a
> cast
> copmpi.c:218: error: ‘MPI_DOUBLE’ undeclared (first use in this function)
> copmpi.c:224: error: ‘status’ undeclared (first use in this function)
> copmpi.c:242: error: expected expression before ‘inrast_redchan’
> copmpi.c:265: error: subscripted value is neither array nor pointer
> make: *** [OBJ.x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu/copmpi.o] Error 1
>

> triedotherscriptsbut again
> myMPIexample.c:1:69: error: mpi.h: No such file or directory
>

> ButMPIalone(mpi.h) works.and <gis.h>worksaloneas well too.That isno
> problemwith libraries.
>

> how can Isolve this problem???and what to do?help meplease. Thank you !!!

Stephen Sefick
Auburn University
Biological Sciences
331 Funchess Hall
Auburn, Alabama
36849
sas0025 at auburn.edu
http://www.auburn.edu/~sas0025

Let's not spend our time and resources thinking about things that are
so little or so large that all they really do for us is puff us up and
make us feel like gods.  We are mammals, and have not exhausted the
annoying little problems of being mammals.

                                -K. Mullis

"A big computer, a complex algorithm and a long time does not equal
science."

                              -Robert Gentleman