[GRASS-user] r.mask broken in 6.4.2?

Huub Munstege hmunstege at yahoo.com
Wed Feb 22 08:34:40 EST 2012

Hello fellow 'Grass-rooters'

With 6.4.2RC3 and also the recently released 6.4.2 (stable version), I run into this problem after trying to create a mask (either through gui or terminal => r.mask):

/opt/grass-6.4.2/scripts/r.mask: eval: line 87: unexpected
EOF while looking for matching `''
/opt/grass-6.4.2/scripts/r.mask: eval: line 88: syntax
error: unexpected end of file

Moreover it looks like the gui for raster calculation is not working. But fortunately this functions in the console.

I am running on Archlinux and Grass 6.4.2 that is built with the AUR package: https://aur.archlinux.org/packages.php?ID=54895 . The PKGBUILD file (https://aur.archlinux.org/packages/gr/grass/PKGBUILD ) gives info about configuration before compiling. Maybe we're missing a config line, or are the python packages not compatible??

Thx and best regards,

Huub Munstege
BPE 2836
Bamako, Rep. du Mali