[GRASS-user] cs2cs Command Syntax Check

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Tue Feb 28 12:44:56 EST 2012

On Tue, 28 Feb 2012, Tom Russo wrote:

> For what it's worth, if you are already in a GRASS session in the target
> location, you can always use the following command line to get lat/lon
> converted to the location's coordinate system:
>
>  cs2cs +proj=latlong +datum=NAD83 +to `g.proj -f -j`
>
> g.proj -j prints out the correct PROJ.4 format coordinate system
> specification for the current location. You'll find that g.proj -j in your
> location will print out the same data as the epsg:3421 entry.

   I have several lists of sampling locations in various flavors of lat-long.
I'll do the conversions first, then insert them in a separate postgres table
so they're available for all sampling data. Given the history of this
operation there are frequently slight differences between the geographic
coordinates recorded for water and biotic samples for the same station ID.
Shrug.

Thanks again,

Rich