[GRASS-user] GRASS 7 Bottleneck

Maris Nartiss maris.gis at gmail.com
Wed Feb 29 01:56:26 EST 2012

Hello,
the reasons for slow performance can be different. If performance
concerns You, You should perform Your module run profiling.
Take a look at http://valgrind.org/info/tools.html

>From Your description is hard to tell where's the problem - as it
might be a disk write - those are more expensive than reads; it could
be inefficient memory allocation, cache misses etc. Also 16 CPU's
don't change a thing, as most of GRASS code is single threaded -
unless You run Your module in parallel (data parallelization), You
will use only one CPU/core. Ensure that You don't hit swap, as it will
bring any fast system down on it's knees.

Not helpful,
Maris.