[GRASS-user] Connecting table

Bulent Arikan bulent.arikan at gmail.com
Fri Jan 6 07:31:17 EST 2012

OK! That makes sense now. I have one last standing issue about this. It
seems that the second layer I created using 'v.db.addtable' (after setting
the dbf to SQL and importing a centroid –vector– map) has a column for CAT
but it does not have a number. I checked the book to make sure and it says
it should have a number and it does not have to be continuous from the
first layer.

I tried assigning a CAT# using 'v.category' and 'v.db.connect' but I still
do not see a number in CAT column. I think I should have a number there so
that my "...WHERE cat = ...." argument makes sense. Any ideas how to
correct this?

Thank you,

Bulent