[GRASS-user] Filling an Area Added to Vector Map

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Wed Jan 11 15:31:53 EST 2012

On Wed, 11 Jan 2012, Hamish wrote:

> (but in GRASS vector maps you happily keep all 3(+) types in a single map;
> for export to shapefile or other GIS formats you may have to pick just
> one)

Hamish,

   That's what I thought.

   Anywho, I discovered the problem: some layers obscure others. I'm working
with the GUI layer manager (-6.5svn updated and rebuilt this morning) and
find no way to re-order the z-levels of the various layers.

   I have a raster DEM and vectors for roads, streams, lakes, and specific
points of interest. I added the vectors to the display first (ctrl-shift-v),
then the raster (ctrl-shift-r). The raster covers the vectors and none of
them are visible. Despite looking at all menus on the Layer Manager and
Display I see no way to select the order of the layers.

   The lakes layer (with the reservoir of interest) must have been covered by
another layer in my previous attempt.

   What I need is the raster DEM on the bottom, with roads, streams, lakes,
and project points stacked above in that sequence. Where is the sequence
controlled?

Thanks,

Rich