[GRASS-user] GRASS 6.4.2 RC3 will not load on Windows 7

Hamish hamish_b at yahoo.com
Fri Jan 13 16:10:32 EST 2012

Filipe wrote:
> GRASS 6.4.2 RC3, downloaded from OSGEO4W, does not
> load on Windows 7. When I double click on the icon,
> a black window opens and closes immediatly
> afterwards.

try installing the .net frameworks,

see http://grass.osgeo.org/wiki/WinGRASS_Current_Status#Platform_specific_issues

please let us know if it solves the problem.

if you start from the "with MSys" launcher you
might be able to see an error message. otherwise
adding a "pause" to the end of init.bat (or
grass.bat or whatever the main launcher calls)
will stop the window from immediately disappearing
and give you time to read any error messages.

Hamish