[GRASS-user] Vector Overlay Map Disappears in 3D View

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Sat Jan 14 17:00:13 EST 2012

On Sat, 14 Jan 2012, Rich Shepard wrote:

>  Unless, ... I'll try making a copy of the lakes map and converting that to
> a raster.

   There's actually an easier way when I learn to use it properly.

   The reservoir outline is on the streams map. I need to delete extraneous
lines and then I think it will look like a wide reach of river so it will be
filled with color on that layer.

   Working with the wxGUI, I select 'digitize' and select the streams map.
Using the 'remove features' icon I can click on those I want gone and they
change color from black to yellow.

   Not seeing how to save the changed map I select 'end digitizing' which
produces a dialog box asking if I want the changes saved. I tell GRASS that
I do, but nothing happens. When I re-load that map I see all the original
arcs; the ones supposedly deleted aren't.

   What am I doing incorrectly here?

Rich