[GRASS-user] Problems while installing addons. Can't find gis.h

Steffen John steffen at komoot.de
Mon Jan 16 16:36:10 EST 2012

Hi List,
I was trying to install the v.vect.stats add on, but i got some
problems, which I wasn't able to fix with the help of the existing
mailing list.

First of all, I  tried g.extension extension=v.vect.stats.

It couldn't find any add on, because the script is using a wrong url to svn:
svn: URL 'https://svn.osgeo.org/grass/grass-addons/vector/v.vect.stats'
doesn't exist.
There is obviously a ../grass6/.. missing.
I changed the g.extension script and modified the URL. Than the package
was found but after that there was another error. gis.h could't be found.

I checked whether the module exists, and it does.

I also tried to install by myself with make and I had the same probs.

How can I fix this problem? Does anyone have an idea?

Thanks for your help!
Steffen
Ps: I'm using grass 6.4.1 with ubuntu 11.11 32bit, if it matters.