[GRASS-user] Features Disappear During Vector -> Raster Conversion

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Mon Jan 16 17:13:04 EST 2012

   I've been spinning my wheels and remain stuck on a solution to this
problem. Guidance appreciated.

   There's a vector map of water bodies in the state that I clipped to the
project region using v.in.region followed by v.select. This seems to work
fine.

   Now I need to make a raster copy of this vector map so I can either
combine it with the DEM or add it as a second raster map in nviz. But, when
the v.to.rast finishes running there's only 1 lake visible; all the others
have disappeared. I've not been able to identify what I did incorrectly.

   Clue stick needed.

Thanks,

Rich