[GRASS-user] m.viz.image Command Line

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Tue Jan 17 13:04:10 EST 2012

On Tue, 17 Jan 2012, Anna Kratochvílová wrote:

> Maybe you could show the whole command and error, I'm a little lost what's
> the problem now.

Anna,

   Yes, it's easy to become confused. Here's what I wrote in reponse to
Martin's message with sample command:
Martin,

    It's a good idea to get this working one part at a time. So I copied the
above into a shell script and changed the elevation_map names to the
specific ones I need to use. I'm still getting the same error:

    Script:

m.nviz.image elevation_map=aber5m,mompano_rast out=elev mode=fine,fine
resolution_fine=6,6 resolution_coarse=9,9 style=surface,surface
shading=gouraud,gouraud wire_color=136:136:136,136:136:136

produces,

GRASS 6.5.svn (Oregon):~/grassdata/Oregon/beaver_lake > ./trial.sh
ERROR: Inconsistent number of attributes (<elevation_map/elevation_value>
         2: <mode> 1)

   I keep getting the same error no matter the command entered. It should be
easier to debug with only the two raster maps. Once it's working with those
I can add the vectors/points.

Thanks,

Rich