[GRASS-user] r.profile Syntax [SOLVED]

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Wed Jan 18 09:03:26 EST 2012

On Wed, 18 Jan 2012, Micha Silver wrote:

> May I suggest: "The -i flag allows the user to interactively delineate the
> transect line directly on the GRASS monitor. Click the left mouse button
> at the start of the transect, at each turn, and at the end point. Then
> click the right mouse button to finish delineating the transect and to
> create the profile output file."

   I noticed that it was possible to create line segments with r.profile but
I could not understand why one would want to do this. Every profile or
transect I've ever drawn on a map or created in the field has been a single,
straight segment from start to end.

   Regardless, the change above clarifies the original man page.

Rich