[GRASS-user] GRASS GISDBASE and unison syncronization

Mark Seibel mseibel at gmail.com
Wed Jan 18 12:37:25 EST 2012

Hi,

On Wed, Jan 18, 2012 at 12:20 PM, Stephen Sefick <sas0025 at auburn.edu> wrote:

> All,
>
> I would like to keep two databases in sync between two computers (my
> laptop and my work desktop).  I will be modifying files on both machines.
>  I am running GRASS 6.3svn on Ubuntu LTS 10.04.03.  I am using unison
> 2.32.52.  I have noticed that the .bashrc and .bashhistory files are being
> synced everytime that a change a file and then use unison.  I have also
> noticed that unison used a shortcut to copying a cidx file from another
> vector instead of from the vector that was new to the other machine.
>
> Will these things outlined above cause any problems?  Are there better
> solutions?

I'm not sure if this is a better solution, or the advantages of each one,
but I regularly use rsync to synchronize GRASS locations & mapsets between
workstations between work and home.  It has never caused me any grief, just
joy. I've been using this approach for years without issues (that I'm aware
of at least).

Mark