[GRASS-user] Measuring Distance Along a Line

Maris Nartiss maris.gis at gmail.com
Fri Jan 20 02:18:36 EST 2012

Hello,
if You are interested to get similar functionality like r.profile does
for raster, there's a GRASS add-on v.profile, that allows to profile
vector point and line maps. Area support is not implemented.

Input for v.profile should be a map with a single transect line (or
single line should be selected with SQL)  or Northing, Easting value
list representing line and a map with points/lines. Module output will
be a list of feature (point within specified tolerance, line crossing)
distance from the start of profile line + feature attribute data.

If You need some help, let me know.

Maris.

http://grass.osgeo.org/wiki/GRASS_AddOns#v.profile
http://trac.osgeo.org/grass/browser/grass-addons/grass6/vector/v.profile