[GRASS-user] i.gensigset - constraints to generate a sig file

Markus Neteler neteler at osgeo.org
Sat Jan 21 16:04:08 EST 2012

On Tue, Jan 17, 2012 at 4:03 PM, Christian Braun
<Christian.Braun at tudor.lu> wrote:
> Dear GRASS users,
>
> I am trying to generate a signature file with i.gensigset as an input for
> i.smap.
> So far I am struggling with the creation of the sig file.

What does not work? Please post the error.

> Are there any constraints in terms of minimum number of input pixels per
> class (related to the input image size)?

I think that a minimum number is needed but I don't know which.

> Is there a relationship between the number of input images in the image
> group and the maximum classes you can use for training or classification?

Since i.smap is also performing segmentation there may be more
theoretical rather than hard coded limits.

Sidenote: some investigation is ongoing to make i.gensigset faster, hopefully
available soon.

Markus