[Fwd: Re: [GRASS-user] Import Point from *.csv Problem]

Jón Eiríksson jeir at hi.is
Tue Jan 24 07:08:42 EST 2012

Apologise for any double posting --
Subject: Re: [GRASS-user] Import Point from *.csv Problem
From:    Jón Eiríksson <jeir at hi.is>
Date:    Tue, January 24, 2012 12:04 pm
To:      "Johannes Radinger" <JRadinger at gmx.at>
Cc:      "GRASS user list" <grass-user at lists.osgeo.org>

Hello,

your input file contains four (columns 2 and 3, line positions 9,13,19,23)
ascii = zero characters (show up in BBEDIT-text-view- show invisibles).

I removed these, and replaced ; with tab - ran this (using fs=tab but fs=,
also works, not fs=;):

GRASS 6.4.2svn (nc_spm_07):~ > v.in.ascii input=InputForGRASS_rev.csv
out=test skip=1 fs=tab col='x integer, y integer, z integer'
Scanning input for column types...
Maximum input row length: 23
Maximum number of columns: 3
Minimum number of columns: 3
Column: 1 type: integer
Column: 2 type: integer
Column: 3 type: integer
Importing points...
 100%
Populating table...
Building topology for vector map <test>...
Registering primitives...
80 primitives registered
80 vertices registered
Building areas...