[GRASS-user] Density slicing

Danut Mihon danut_mihon at yahoo.com
Wed Jul 4 03:23:47 PDT 2012

Hi,

I have a NDVI and EVI raster images, and I want to apply density slicing. I'm interested in three clases:
buildings, vegetation, and water. I've divided the [-1, 1] interval into three
sub-intervals of the same length and apply the r.colors operator. But the
result was not so good (the colors mixed up, and the classes were not
represented with the proper color).
Is there a way to perform density slicing
on a general type of raster image, or it is closely related with NDVI and EVI?
Could you guide me within the NDVI, EVI and density slicing combination?

Thanks,
Danut