[GRASS-user] problem with grass 6.4.0

Alberto Pettazzi alberto.pettazzi at meteogalicia.es
Wed Jul 11 02:17:52 PDT 2012

Dear all,

I was using GRASS version 6.3.0 and everything worked fine.  Now I
installed 6.4.1 on a brand new server and I am experiencing some problems.
I want to run the scripts and the locations I had on the old grass and
when I execute the command on the new version

r.in.xyz i=input_file.txt o=output_file fs=' ' --o

this is what I get

Reading data ...
ERROR: Bad y-coordinate line 1 column 2. <>

the file I am trying to read from has the following structure

    -7.830    43.050     0.000
    -6.930    42.470     0.000
    -8.530    42.280     0.000
    -7.640    41.710     0.000
    -7.790    43.050     0.000
    -6.900    42.470     0.000

and if I run the same r.in.xyz command in the old server I can import
the file correctly.

Why????
--

Alberto Pettazzi

MeteoGalicia - Departamento de Climatología y Observación

Consellería de Medio Ambiente, Territorio e Infraestruturas

Rúa de Roma, 6

15707 Santiago de Compostela. A Coruña

Teléfono: +34-881-999646

e-mail: alberto.pettazzi at meteogalicia.es