[GRASS-user] problem with grass 6.4.0

Alberto Pettazzi alberto.pettazzi at meteogalicia.es
Thu Jul 12 00:41:22 PDT 2012

Hi Sylvain,

I copied and pasted the data. You are right, there is some variable
space between the comuns due to the fact that the input file is
generated by fortran fixed format. Anyway, as I said before, the
previous version of GRASS (6.3.0), installed in a different server, was
able to read it without any problem.

thank you

El 12/07/12 09:29, Sylvain Maillard escribió:
> Hi,
>
> I copy/paste your sample data in your email and what I see is the
> following structure. I'm snot sure if it is the original structure or
> if it as been modified byt various email software...
>
>     -7.830    43.050     0.000
> - 3 white space
> - your X data
> - 4 white space
> - your Y data
> - 5 white space
> - your Z data
>
>>>     Reading data ...
>>>     ERROR: Bad y-coordinate line 1 column 2. <>
>>>
>>>     the file I am trying to read from has the following structure
>>>
>>>         -7.830    43.050     0.000
>>>         -6.930    42.470     0.000
>>>         -8.530    42.280     0.000
>>>         -7.640    41.710     0.000
>>>         -7.790    43.050     0.000
>>>         -6.900    42.470     0.000
>>>
>>>     and if I run the same r.in.xyz command in the old server I can import the
>>>     file correctly.
>
> I don't know why grass 6.3.0 was able to read it and not grass 6.4.1,
> but the error message seems to say that the script found only blanck
> columns ...
>
> You can try to sanitize your file, ie not initial space and only 1
> space between each column, and tray again to import your file ;)
> I already get some cases like that on "tabulated" ascii files from
> ArcGis and always needed to sanitise them first !
>

> cheers,
> Sylvain

Alberto Pettazzi

MeteoGalicia - Departamento de Climatología y Observación

Consellería de Medio Ambiente, Territorio e Infraestruturas

Rúa de Roma, 6

15707 Santiago de Compostela. A Coruña

Teléfono: +34-881-999646

e-mail: alberto.pettazzi at meteogalicia.es