[GRASS-user] change sqlite.db problems

Johannes Radinger JRadinger at gmx.at
Fri Jul 13 07:12:05 PDT 2012

Hi,

I just had to move some locations from one machine to another machine.
I was able to open the locations on the new computer (GRASS 6.4.3 and Ubuntu) and then I realized that I somehow set the database connection to a hardcoded directory on the old computer. Thus I just used db.connect to set a new link (sqlite) to: '$GISDBASE/$LOCATION_NAME/$MAPSET/sqlite.db'. But somehow that doesn't work.
I tried to use db.test (with test1) but it says that its not possible to open the database, although it is existing. I tried to see the attribute table in WXGUI but then all windows get closed (GRASS crash)...It seems that somehow the database can be connected properly after the move to the new machine...

any suggestions?

What Is the best way to reset the database without destroying it...?

/Johannes