[GRASS-user] problem with i.rectify and georectify in GRASS 6.4.1

Nick Jachowski njachowski at gmail.com
Tue Jul 17 16:17:04 PDT 2012

Hi GRASS user list,

I'm having trouble rectifying a map in GRASS 6.4.1 (on ubuntu 10.04).
I've tried rectifying both from the command line and from the wxgui
with the same result, which you can see attached (map.png is what it
looks like before rectification). Something is wrong with the map
after it is rectified, as you can see it becomes segmented. I have
tried using both 1st and 2nd order rectifications. I am trying to
rectify from a UTM projection to an xy projection. If anybody has any
pointers to get me in the right direction I would be extremely
grateful!

Here's the command line output:

GRASS 6.4.1 (michelle):~/grassdata > i.rectify gr=biomass  ext=r order=1 -a
Region N=1423.040566 S=238.089812 E=1228.369345 W=144.721914
Resolution EW=0.902288 NS=0.897010
Rectified input raster map <biomass> will be saved as <biomassr> 100%
WARNING: Raster map <biomass at PERMANENT>: projection don't match current settings
WARNING: Raster map <biomass at PERMANENT>: zone don't match current settings
Rectify <biomass at PERMANENT> (location <michelle>)
into <biomassr at PERMANENT> (location <xymich>) ... complete
i.rectify complete.

Thanks for any help you can offer,
Nick

p.s. the first time this e-mail didn't go through because the
attachments were too large - hopefully now they are small enough