[GRASS-user] dpi output from ps.map

Tom Russo russo at bogodyn.org
Tue Jul 17 16:13:28 PDT 2012

On Fri, Jul 13, 2012 at 09:14:13PM -0400, we recorded a bogon-computron collision of the <nelson.gerald at gmail.com> flavor, containing:
>    We need to have a raster eps or pdf that has a dpi of 300. Reading through
>    the old list entries it appears that ps.map had a hard coded limit of 75
>    dpi.

Have you tried it?  I believe that hard-coded limit was taken out years ago.
(as I recall, I may even have been the person who complained about it on
this list, as I had a big raster I needed to render on a large-format printer,
and this hard-coded limit was in the way.)

In fact, I'm pretty sure that this limitation is long gone.  Look at the
documentation for a current version of ps.map, and it'll tell you that raster
resolution is controlled by the region settings.

What old list entries were you reading?