[GRASS-user] High Resolution ppm

ALT SHN i.geografica at alt-shn.org
Wed Jul 18 16:39:44 PDT 2012

Hi Hamish

Thank you for your hints, however I didn't managed to solve the problem.
I installed NetPBM tools has you suggested, however I still get hundreds of
.ppm files instead of one big high resolution file like I need.

I then tried Windows command prompt with these sentences:

C:\Program Files (x86)\GnuWin32\bin>pnmcat -lr
C:\Users\Andre\Pictures\aaa\E-W-45_1_1.ppm
C:\Program Files (x86)\GnuWin32\bin>pnmcat -tb
C:\Users\Andre\Pictures\aaa\E-W-45_1_1.ppm

In both cases all I get has output can be seen in attachment, but no
assembled image is produced.

What am I doing wrong? Is there an alternative method to assemble .ppm
tiles?

Thank for your time

Best wishes

André Mano

2012/7/17 Hamish <hamish_b at yahoo.com>

> André wrote:
> > Has anyone here ever "merged" the output tiles obtained through
> > "Maximum resolution ppm" option in nviz?How can I transform tens
> > of files in just one high resolution .jpg/.png?
>

> It should happen automatically; presumably you do not have the
> NetPBM tools installed?
>
> Once installed 'pnmcat -lr' is used to assemble rows, then
> 'pnmcat -tb' is used to combine those assembled rows into the
> final image. You can try running those manually.
>

> Hamish

Associação Leonel Trindade
SOCIEDADE DE HISTÓRIA NATURAL

Apartado 25 2564-909 Torres Vedras Portugal
Sede e Biblioteca: rua Cavaleiros da Espora Dourada, 27A 2560 Torres Vedras

Laboratório de Paleontologia e Paleoecologia: Polígono Industrial do Alto
do Ameal 2565-641 Ramalhal
http://alt-shn.blogspot.com
www.alt-shn.org