[GRASS-user] r.basin: Completes on Some Basins, Fails on Others

Helmut Kudrnovsky hellik at web.de
Wed Jun 6 15:12:52 PDT 2012

>The other three go through the entire process then fail with
>the error message that the outlet needs to be on a stream channel created
by
>r.stream.extract.

AFAIK from my r.basin-tests the outlet-point has to be exactly on stream
channel created by r.stream.extract

>   I use the same protocol on each sub-basin: zoom in very close to where
> the
>sub-basin boundary and stream channel cross, then note the x, y coordinates
>from the status line on the display window frame.

maybe following ML-disscussion could be helpfull to find the exact crossing
of stream and boundary:

[GRASS-user] intersection between two lines vector to obtain points:

http://lists.osgeo.org/pipermail/grass-user/2012-March/064062.html
http://lists.osgeo.org/pipermail/grass-user/2012-March/064063.html

and then v.to.db to upload exact x,y-coordinates in the attribute table

-----
best regards
Helmut