[GRASS-user] r.basin: Completes on Some Basins, Fails on Others

Sylvain Maillard sylvain.maillard at gmail.com
Thu Jun 7 00:48:22 PDT 2012

Hi,

I get a similar issue some time ago (but with a vector input) and wrote a
little script to work only with raster (no need to transform back to vector)

it's using r.distance (
http://grass.osgeo.org/grass64/manuals/html64_user/r.distance.html), wich
"Locates the closest points between objects in two raster maps" and output
an ascii line with the intersection point ...
you just need to input your 2 raster with basin boundaries and streams, and
it will do the job for all your objects at once ;)

Cheers,
Sylvain