[GRASS-user] Attribute transfer from one table to another based on position of vector items

Daniel Lee lee at isi-solutions.org
Sun Jun 10 02:33:25 PDT 2012

Hi Mike,

Ah, I understand. Yeah, that's a bit more complicated. I've had to do stuff
like that before and found a combination of raster and vector analysis
best. Check out this wiki entry:
http://grass.osgeo.org/wiki/Vector_aggregate_values

If you convert your vectors to rasters beforehand this should do the trick
for you. Note that you'll need to change the parameters in r.statistics to
give you averages rather than sums, but everything else should be almost
directly useable, if I've understood you correctly.

Best,
Daniel

--

B.Sc. Daniel Lee
Geschäftsführung für Forschung und Entwicklung

Softwarecenter 3
35037 Marburg
Festnetz: +49 6421 379 6256
Mobil: +49 176 6127 7269