[GRASS-user] v.in.db question

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Thu Jun 14 13:46:21 PDT 2012

On Thu, 14 Jun 2012, Micha Silver wrote:

> Is the original table "sites" already in postgres? If so then it indeed
> already exists ;-)

Micha,

   The table already exists in the postgres database but there's no map of
the points in that table. My understanding of v.in.db is this module will
create the map from the coordinates in the postgres table. It doesn't.
That's why I asked about it.

   In any case, when I looked closely at the coordinate values in that file
they were outside the region; I've no idea where those values originated.
So, I started with the lat/lon coordinates of the raw data and just used
v.in.ascii to create two new maps/tables (one for chemicals the other for
biota). Now I'll re-project those to the project coordinate system.

Toda,

Rich