[GRASS-user] How to convert lines into points

J22lill tripsu at hotmail.com
Wed Jun 20 03:09:31 PDT 2012

I have to convert lines into points using  the v.to.points command, but it
doesn't succeed. Also, I am not particularly familiar with GRASS yet.

I always got the same error:
/v.to.points input=gr_ne_water_clip_lines atKodutoo2 type=line llayer=1
"output=C:/Documents and Settings/Kasutaja/My Documents/Dropbox/EMU
PhD/EpiNOVA GIS/Assignments/Kodutöö2/kodutöö
vol2/vietnam_ne_water_linestopoints.shp" dmax=100 -v
Illegal filename. Character  not allowed.

Illegal vector map name . Character ':' not allowed.

Output vector map name is not valid map name
Finished with error/

Can somebody help me?