[GRASS-user] is there an idea about the GRASS 7 release date (year)?

Hamish hamish_b at yahoo.com
Fri Jun 22 16:22:03 PDT 2012

Giovanni wrote:
> It's just a curiosity.Probably I will talk about
> GRASS in an article I probably will write, and I
> would like to say something about the developments
> in GRASS 7.Does anybody have an idea on when GRASS
> 7 could be ready for release? I mean will it be
> 2013,2014,.....2020 :)

the classic non-answer/snarky reply to this is
"when it's ready, sooner if you help."  Certainly
it feels like more than 6 months away since changes
are still happening fast & as there is still a lot
to do. Beyond that I've no idea.

Too far away and some people lose interest/hope,
too soon and we release unfinished ideas and are
stuck with them for the rest of the stable cycle.

Hamish