[GRASS-user] Importing ASCII file

Daniel Lee lee at isi-solutions.org
Wed Jun 27 09:02:44 PDT 2012

Dear list,

I'm having a lot of trouble importing some ASCII data into GRASS. The data
is pretty large (each file is 3.7 GB and I've got a ton of them) and has
the ending *.asc. It seems like a perfect case for r.in.arc, but r.in.arc
isn't working. Here's some info:

Command output:
r.in.arc input=/home/lee/co2/daten/gcm_results/prec_1.asc output=prec_1
Illegal latitude for North
ERROR: Can't get cell header

The cell header looks pretty tame. The contents:
ncols         43200
nrows         18000
xllcorner     -180
yllcorner     -60
cellsize      0.0083333337679505
NODATA_value  -9999
@

The output of g.region -p:
g.region
-p
projection: 3 (Latitude-Longitude)
zone:       0
datum:      wgs84
ellipsoid:  wgs84
north:      90N
south:      90S
west:       180W
east:       180E
nsres:      1
ewres:      1
rows:       180
cols:       360
cells:      64800

Looks like it should work, right? Does anybody have any ideas? I've be
really grateful for any help :)

Best,
Daniel

--

B.Sc. Daniel Lee
Geschäftsführung für Forschung und Entwicklung

Softwarecenter 3
35037 Marburg
Festnetz: +49 6421 379 6256
Mobil: +49 176 6127 7269