[GRASS-user] Importing ASCII file

Daniel Lee lee at isi-solutions.org
Wed Jun 27 09:36:02 PDT 2012

Hi Rich,

Thanks for the tip. Unfortunately, r.in.ascii is made for files with
another type of header. Nonetheless, I tried it and here's the output:

r.in.ascii input=/home/lee/co2/daten/gcm_results/prec_1.asc output=test
"north" field missing from header
"south" field missing from header
"east" field missing from header
"west" field missing from header
"rows" field missing from header
"cols" field missing from header
Illegal row value
ERROR: Can't get cell header

Those values aren't in the header though and the requirements of r.in.arc
match the header :( QGIS manages to open it, but I don't know how to script
it and it's quite a large number of datasets.

Any other ideas? Does anyone have experience with opening and exporting
rasters in QGIS from a script? That would make things a bit easier,
otherwise it takes a good 5 minutes or so to open each file.

Thanks!
Daniel

--

B.Sc. Daniel Lee
Geschäftsführung für Forschung und Entwicklung

Softwarecenter 3
35037 Marburg
Festnetz: +49 6421 379 6256
Mobil: +49 176 6127 7269