[GRASS-user] How to implement this kind of operation?

Marcello Gorini gorini at gmail.com
Fri Jun 29 02:54:01 PDT 2012

DavidRA wrote:

Hi, here's the problem: I need to implement an operation in GRASS wich takes
> an UNDEFINED number of raster layers and, for each position, takes the cell
> of each raster, sort those values, makes some calculations and store the
> result in the same position of the output raster.

Hey,

R.series does all the following calculations for any number of rasters at
once:

*average, count, median, mode, minimum, min_raster, maximum, max_raster,
stddev, range, sum, variance, diversity, slope, offset, detcoeff, quart1,
quart3, perc90, quantile, skewness, kurtosis

If you need more advanced calculations, I think you will need to use
scripting. Or maybe you can tweak the code of r.series to put your own
formulas.

Best,
Marcello.
*