[GRASS-user] GRASS, ArcGIS, and Python incompatibilties

Michael Barton michael.barton at asu.edu
Sat Jun 30 13:51:53 PDT 2012

Yes. That's great it is working for you. But in our case, it won't launch the wxPython GUI and generates a Python error that it cannot find the correct version of Python. This is the stock version of GRASS that works for you and others (so Python is OK there) and Python works fine in ArcGIS, so it is OK there. So the signs point strongly to some kind of path/python path issue.

Michael

On Jun 30, 2012, at 1:00 PM, <grass-user-request at lists.osgeo.org>
 wrote:

> From: gene <martin.laloux at gmail.com>
> Subject: Re: [GRASS-user] GRASS, ArcGIS, and Python incompatibilties
> Date: June 29, 2012 3:40:28 PM MDT
> To: <grass-user at lists.osgeo.org>
>

> Glynn Clements wrote
>>
>> remove it's bundled Python, unset any PYTHONHOME or PYTHONPATH variables,
>> etc).
>>

> I repeat, I think this is not the problem. We are running QGIS 1.7.4, 1.8,
> GRASS GIS 6.2.4 and 7 dev, ArcGIS 10 and standard Python 2.5 without problem
> (Windows XP)
>
> Each version of Python (2.5,2.6 and 2.7) works independently without problem
> .
>
> --

C. Michael Barton
Visiting Scientist, Integrated Science Program
National Center for Atmospheric Research &
University Consortium for Atmospheric Research
303-497-2889 (voice)

Arizona State University