[GRASS-user] Possible bug in r.sum and in r.stats?

Rainer M Krug r.m.krug at gmail.com
Thu Mar 8 04:43:40 EST 2012

On 07/03/12 21:20, Glynn Clements wrote:

> Rainer M Krug wrote:
>
>> I get the following output as seen on the screenshot.
>
> In future, please copy/paste the text rather than using a screenshot.

I wanted to, but it was completely garbled due to line breaks:
I now changed the wraplength setting (thunderbird -
http://forums.mozillazine.org/viewtopic.php?f=29&t=1598995), and it would have looked fine.

>> Look at the number of cells in r.stats, compared to total cells as given by r.info (which is
>> correct).
>>
>> Any ideas what is happening?
>
> Does the current region match the raster? r.info displays statistics for the underlying raster;
> the data which r.stats uses is resampled and cropped/padded according to the current region.

Thanks a lot - that is the problem - the wind file was different. Fixed it and it is working now.

As some commands do use the region and mask, while others don't, it might be a good idea to make
this clear in the manual - I know, it is stated if they do, but not if they don't.

An sub-section under the Description might be an option?

Cheers,

Rainer

- --
Rainer M. Krug, PhD (Conservation Ecology, SUN), MSc (Conservation Biology, UCT), Dipl. Phys.
(Germany)

Stellenbosch University
South Africa

Tel :       +33 - (0)9 53 10 27 44