[GRASS-user] Speeding Up Reprojection of Large Raster Maps

Daniel Victoria daniel.victoria at gmail.com
Sat Mar 10 14:07:16 EST 2012

I thinkg you have to use "poors man parallelization"... That is, split
the work and issue multiple commands separately.

So I'd try splitting the large raster into small chunks and then
projecting each one separately, sending the project command to the
background. The problem is that, if the grass command changes the
region settings, things might not work. So maybe, your best bet would
be to run the projection in small chunks of the raster file but
outside of grass, using gdalwarp

Take a look at the parallel grass jobs wiki.
http://grass.osgeo.org/wiki/Parallel_GRASS_jobs

Cheers
daniel