[GRASS-user] Re: r.region for intersection with vector map?

Hermann Peifer peifer at gmx.eu
Sun Mar 11 13:21:58 EDT 2012

On 11/03/2012 17:35, Rich Shepard wrote:

> If I run
>
> r.region map=dem_east vect=analytical_boundary

Try: g.region vect=analytical_boundary

> the raster map's region is that of the vector map. But, I don't believe
> that this removes all cells beyond that region.
>
> Advice on how to eliminate the extraneous cells (and clip the raster to
> the nearest cell boundaries of the vector map) is greatly appreciated.

To be honest: until 5 minutes ago, I didn't even know that r.region
existed. I thought you made a typo. As I don't understand what r.region
is good for: I would use g.region as already said, then followed by:

r.mapcalc small_dem_east = dem_east

You could then remove dem_east, if you'd never need any DEM values
outside analytical_boundary

Hermann