[GRASS-user] nviz: Multiple Vector Maps Draped on Raster DEM

Juan David Rondón Dí­az juda87 at yahoo.com
Wed Mar 14 14:05:14 EDT 2012

On 14/03/12 12:47, Rich Shepard wrote:
>   From a thread a couple of months ago I learned that nviz will allow
> only a
> single vector map to be draped over the raster base map. For presentation
> purposes using ps.map I need multiple vector maps to be displayed on the
> raster map.
>
>   Is the best approach to use v.overlay (with the union/OR option) to
> create
> a single vector map that can be incorporated with the raster DEM with
> nviz?
> Or, is there a better approach?
>
> TIA,
>
> Rich

No, actually you can load more vector layers over a raster map using nviz

for example you can type

/nviz elevation=dem vect=streets,streams
/
and you will be loading two vector layers (streets and streams) over a
raster dem map.

If you have nviz already loaded you have to go to Visualize/Lines 3D
Polygons or Points and use "New" button. To switch the layer
configuration just pick the button with name of the layer in front of
"Current".

--
Juan David Rondón Díaz
Tesista de Ingeniería Ambiental