[GRASS-user] Re: r.region for intersection with vector map?

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Wed Mar 14 14:02:25 EDT 2012

On Sun, 11 Mar 2012, Hermann Peifer wrote:

> r.mapcalc small_dem_east = dem_east

Herman,

   The map names have changed, but the issue remains unresolved.

   After setting g.region with both the raster dem and vector basins map (the
drainage basins are the analytical area), I ran,

 	r.mapcalc "dem_basin = dem"

yet the raster map display is not limited to the drainage basins, but to a
square area that just includes the basins. I assume the reason is that the
region is a square. What command could I pass to r.mapcalc that would clip
the raster map to the basins themselves (with some overlap so whole cells of
the raster map form the edge)? Screenshot attached.

Rich