[GRASS-user] import text file with v.in.ascii and include labels

Falko Engel falko.engel at web.de
Thu Mar 15 02:26:24 EDT 2012

On 14.03.2012 20:50, Janet Choate wrote:
> cat gages.txt | v.in.ascii out=gages x=2 y=3 cat=1 \ columns='x double
> precision, y double precision, cat int, name varchar(15)'

Hi Janet,

I think your command is just mixed up a little. Try:

cat gages.txt | v.in.ascii out=gages x=3 y=2 cat=1 columns='cat integer,
y double precision, x double precision, name varchar(15)'

The backslash before columns is missing. Also the columns should be in
correct order. And I think column 2 is y and column 3 is x.

Falko