[GRASS-user] Can GRASS Import an ESRI .mpk File?

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Fri Mar 16 12:59:15 EDT 2012

On Fri, 16 Mar 2012, Stuart Edwards wrote:

> doesn't look good - see:
> http://www.geomapp.net/docs/ContentPackaging_v1.0_final_20111202.pdf

Stuart,

   Looks like ESRI is also running scared of the F/OSS world. They seem to
define 'sharing' to mean only within their own software.

   Since ESRI has used .e00 and .shp for years I guess they need to invent
new formats to extract more money from users.

   I guess that 'rm' is the appropriate tool. I'll see if the folks who sent
the file to me will put it in a different format that can be used by all.

Thanks,

Rich