[GRASS-user] v.in.db Output Explanation

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Mon Mar 19 12:45:32 EDT 2012

   I have a postgres table called 'boreholes' which needed to be mapped for
spatial analyses. I used v.in.db and the map displayed. It was necessary to
re-enter variables from the command line into the 'manage tables' tab of the
GUI before I could display the attribute data. Perhaps this is a glitch that
needs to be smoothed?

   Here's the command output:

GRASS 6.5.svn :~/grassdata > v.in.db dri=pg
datab=washington tab=boreholes x=easting y=northing z=surf_elev key=cat
out=drillholes --o
Writing features...
  100%
Copying attributes...
DBMI-Postgres driver error:
Cannot grant select on table:
grant select on drillholes to public, group users
ERROR:  role "users" does not exist

WARNING: Unable to create table <drillholes>
WARNING: Unable to copy table
Building topology for vector map <drillholes>...
Registering primitives...
1726 primitives registered
1726 vertices registered
Building areas...
  100%
0 areas built
0 isles built
Attaching islands...
Attaching centroids...
  100%
Number of nodes: 1689
Number of primitives: 1726
Number of points: 1726
Number of lines: 0
Number of boundaries: 0
Number of centroids: 0
Number of areas: 0
Number of isles: 0
v.in.db complete. 1726 points written to vector map.

Rich