[GRASS-user] NetCDF rotated pole

Michael Barton michael.barton at asu.edu
Mon Mar 19 17:09:54 EDT 2012

I'm at NCAR right now and I'm doing that very thing today in fact.

Once I have an answer as to the difference between TLAT and ULAT, and TLONG and ULONG within the NetCDF files, I'll be able to give you a full work flow for this.

Michael

On Mar 19, 2012, at 2:44 PM, <grass-user-request at lists.osgeo.org> wrote:

> Message: 3
> Date: Mon, 19 Mar 2012 13:20:33 -0430
> From: Eduardo Klein <eklein at usb.ve>
> Subject: [GRASS-user] NetCDF rotated pole
> To: grass-user at lists.osgeo.org
>
> Hi,
>
> Is there any way to read a NetCDF file which has a rotated pole Mercator
> projection and have it inside GRASS with the North pole at North?
>
> I'm trying to use AVISO SSH products on GRASS 6.4.1 and gdal 1.8.0
>
> Thanks!
>
> --
> Eduardo Klein
> Lab Sensores Remotos e
> Instituto de Tecnolog?a y Ciencias Marinas
> Universidad Sim?n Bol?var
> Caracas, Venezuela
> ph (58) (212) 906-3111 ext 6700
> fax (58) (212( 906-3111 ext 6701

C. Michael Barton
Visiting Scientist, Integrated Science Program
National Center for Atmospheric Research &
303-497-2889 (voice)

Arizona State University