[GRASS-user] New GRASS user

DOUGLAS NYOLEI dnyolei at yahoo.com
Sun Mar 25 07:34:49 EDT 2012

Dear all,

My Name is Douglas and I am a new GRASS GIS user. I have been a very active user of ESRI products. Therefore the GIS field is not at all new to me. I have recently been attracted to GRASS GIS because of its strength on Remote sensing with tools that are of great interest to me having been built within GIPE.

I have recently installed GRASS GIS 7.0 in my laptop and over the past week I have been trying to understand how it works. I would therefore greatly appreciate words of advice from other users on getting started with it especially through links to tutorials and manuals. For now my interest is mainly Evapotranspiration estimation from Landsat Images.
I look forward to hearing from you and becoming a more active Grass user.

Kind regards

 Douglas