[GRASS-user] Installing GRASS 6.4.2 on Ubuntu

John Ortiz eljhonjhon at hotmail.com
Sun Mar 25 12:58:10 EDT 2012

> I'm trying to install GRASS 6.4.2 on Ubuntu. However when I launch GRASS it
> says it is version 6.4.1. Any ideas what I'm doing wrong?

You are right, the only reason is that grass 6.4.2 still are not available
in Ubuntu repositories..

In this moment if you want grass 6.4.2 version in Ubuntu, you should download the
source code from here:

http://grass.osgeo.org/download/software.php

Download this file:

grass-6.4.2.tar.gz

and compile the source code. The instruction to do it, is here:

http://grass.osgeo.org/wiki/Compile_and_Install

Regards

John Ortiz
Geologist
Smithsonian Tropical Research Institute.
Panama