[GRASS-user] d.nviz problems

Patrick Proffitt macduffproffitt at gmail.com
Tue Mar 27 13:43:37 EDT 2012

I am trying to create a simple fly through animation of the a rendered 3d
point cloud using the command d.nviz and am running into issues I hope are
first-time user bugs.  my g.region is

GRASS 6.4> g.region -p
projection: 0 (x,y)
zone:       0
north:      4134000
south:      3944500
west:       2299000
east:       2714000
nsres:      500
ewres:      500
rows:       379
cols:       830
cells:      314570

I run this

GRASS 6.4> d.nviz -c input=nocars.500.cropped output=nocars.500.animate2
route=[2299000,94750[,2319750,94750[,2340500,94750[,2355000,94750]]]]
dist=2 ht=2 frames=10

the output is

WARNING: Skipping this point, selected point is outside region. Perhaps the
         camera setback distance puts it beyond the edge?
WARNING: Skipping this point, selected point is outside region. Perhaps the
         camera setback distance puts it beyond the edge?
WARNING: Skipping this point, selected point is outside region. Perhaps the
         camera setback distance puts it beyond the edge?
WARNING: Skipping this point, selected point is outside region. Perhaps the
         camera setback distance puts it beyond the edge?
WARNING: Skipping this point, selected point is outside region. Perhaps the
         camera setback distance puts it beyond the edge?
WARNING: Skipping this point, selected point is outside region. Perhaps the
         camera setback distance puts it beyond the edge?
d.nviz complete. Created NVIZ script <nocars.500.animate2.nvscr>.

I then try

nviz el=nocars.500.cropped script=nocars.500.animate2.nvscr

which displays

DONE!
Entering script mode ...

The nviz window visualizes my file, but the script never runs.

When I try to manually upload and run the script nothing happens.

I also tried generating a keyframe animation from the d.nviz and it tells
me that the file was created, however I cannot locate it or use it.  Can
anyone help me?  I'm just trying to generate a low altitude flythrough of
the data.

Thanks

Patrick