[GRASS-user] Null values in date field

Eric Momsen eric.momsen at gmail.com
Wed Mar 28 11:02:30 EDT 2012

Hello,

I am adding additional data to an existing vector map in GRASS 7.

I used db.in.ogr  (new data was provided in a dbf).  Seemed to work fine.

But when I use db.select or any other operations it quits when it
reaches the first row with a null value for the date.

I tried deleting some values out of other attributes, those were OK.
So it seems this is limited to just the date field.

Maybe this is a known limitation of SQL/databases?  Or I'm doing
something else wrong?

I can just remove those records without dates before doing the import.
 But I'm curious about the issue, if there is an easy explanation.
Googling Date Null, together was difficult to find anything
interesting, the words were too common...

Thanks,
Eric