[GRASS-user] after performing join all character fields are trunctated to 1

Jennifer Boehnert boehnert at ucar.edu
Wed Mar 28 16:38:36 EDT 2012

Thank you Micha for the quick response.  When I perform this join
through the GUI on Windows I get the following error

ERROR: value too long for type character (1)

and all my added fields which are of data type character have a length
of 1 instead of the original 255.  Any ideas what is going on?  I am
using postgreSQL 9.1 and GRASS 6.4.2 on Windows.
Thanks Jennifer

--
Jennifer Boehnert
GIS Coordinator