[GRASS-user] Import .kml with v.in.ogr; GRASS-6.5.svn

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Tue May 1 17:22:55 EDT 2012

On Tue, 1 May 2012, Tyler Smith wrote:

> I think the quotes around "/home/rshepard/projects/data/*.kml" are
> preventing the asterisk from being expanded as a wildcard. Try removing
> them.

Tyler,

   Good catch! That's part of the problem. Now GRASS cannot replace the
variable name, $file, with the actual file name:

WARNING: Illegal vector map name <$file>. Must start with a letter.
ERROR: Vector map name is not SQL compliant

   It's probably referring to the output file name variable. Since there's no
reason to have the GRASS map name different from the DSN, I need to re-learn
BASH syntax for variable references.

Thanks,

Rich